Three Examples of Beautiful Typography
This week we started talking about typography and how important it is for a website.
In this post I will show three examples of websites with beautiful typography and explain my choice.
Xavier Bourdil’s website
This is Xavier Bourdil’s website, a freelance art director based in Nouméa, New Caledonia.
7 reasons why I think this website has a beautiful typography:
- I like the typeface chosen for the titles, which traduces simplicity and modernity;
- The paragraphs have small font-size and not to much text;
- The colours chosen are essentially black and grey;
- The typeface selected suits the content;
- The website has just 2 typefaces: one for headings and another for the body;
- The text is left-align which provides better reading for the user.
- The website has well-organised information.
We Ain’t Plastic website
5 reasons why I like this website‘s typography:
- Here we can see a good interplay between typefaces and font-sizes which creates a good visuality in the website;
- The typeface used it’s a sans serif-font which facilitates the user reading;
- How the text is organised;
- Soft-colours used;
- The typeface used to name the icons is very-well chosen.
Le Printemps du Polar website
This is an infographic presentation for Agatha Christie’s book.
3 reasons why I think this website has beautiful typography:
- Original typeface used for the headings and body that matches the website content;
- Good example of serif font;
- How typography goes well with the colours.